Painting Waves Tutorial
Have you ever wanted to paint dramatic GLOWING WAVES?
THIS IS AN ESSENTIAL TUTORIAL TO ADD TO YOUR “TISCHLER” COLLECTION!
I’ve dedicated the last 16 years to mastering painting; let me show you some great techniques that will save you the time and effort grinding it out in the studio. Take your SEASCAPE paintings further – check out this tutorial!
What you will learn
- I WILL SHOW YOU THE MATERIALS I USE FOR CREATING AN OIL PAINTING, FROM THE PAINT AND MEDIUMS TO THE BRUSHES AND GROUNDS.
- YOU’LL SEE THE ENTIRE PAINTING PROCESS BROKEN DOWN IN EASY TO UNDERSTAND STEPS, FROM THE SKETCH-UP TO BLOCKING-IN AND EVEN APPLYING THE FINE DETAILS.
- YOU’LL SEE UP CLOSE, HOW I USE BRUSHWORK TO DEFINE THE SUBJECT
- I WILL SHOW YOU MY PALETTE WHERE COLOUR MIXING PLAYS AN IMPORTANT ROLE IN CREATING REALISM!
- I USE MANY MEDIUMS IN MY PROCESS AND HERE I KEEP IT SIMPLE AND SHARE A TRIED AND TRUE APPLICATION
- THE PAINTING IS BUILT UP TO A RICH SURFACE BY LAYERING THE PAINT OVER MANY PASSES.
- I SHOW YOU HOW MODELLING WITH PAINT DEFINES FORM CREATING A 3D SCENE!
- I SHOW YOU HOW TO PAINT INCREDIBLE INTRICATE DETAIL WITH WAVES, WHITE WATER, SEA SPRAY, ROCKS AND SKIES!
Includes access to multiple reference images for each painting.
3 Disc Set – 360 mins
PDF material list
+ reference access
viewed in 720p
Q & A
What do I need to know before downloading the tutorial?
The files are relatively large so ensure you have enough space on your computer before commencing the download. Once i’ts saved on your computer you can then save this to a USB stick or portable drive to free up space.
You’ll need a good/fast internet connection to download the tutorials, as the speed of your connection will determine how long it takes to complete the download.
Make sure you download files individually, one at a time. An interrupted internet connection will cause the download to pause so please if your download stops, un-pause it instead of starting again.
If I need technical support regarding downloads, can I contact you?
Absolutely, for a technical issue, we are only an email away!
Are your tutorials good for beginners?
I make tutorials that everyone will gain something from. If you are a beginner, then this is a great place to start. You’ll no doubt learn some crucial techniques to accelerate your development as a painter. If you’re an advanced or professional artist you’ll come away with some new tricks refreshing your approach to creating paintings.
Can acrylic painters gain something from your tutorials?
Absolutely, whilst the mediums have their differences many of the concepts here are the same. It all comes down to colour and composition and these elements are universal in painting
How much of the process do you share?
All of it! Whilst this presentation doesn’t show every single brushstroke I have filmed every stage of this painting. This piece took well over 80 hours; I boiled it down to the essential techniques into 7 hours!
Do you talk about colour mixing?
Yes! Frequently. Colour mixing is important and intermittently through the presentation I show my palette and how I mix some of the colours in this painting.
Can the viewer paint along with you?
You’re more than welcome to paint along. However I recommend using this tutorial as a guide to paint your own scenes and take these techniques to create your own unique vision. This will give you the nudge you need to take your paintings to the next level.
Do you show how to achieve details?
Yes, I have zoomed in to show some of these finer details being applied, particularly on the trees and in the grasses in the foreground
Does the download work for iPad & Phones?
Yes, you can use your iPad to view the download, but please find out what software your version will require to watch a MP4 file first.