Oxer’s Lookout, Karijini Tutorial
This short film showcases some of Tischler’s best techniques for tackling a monstrously big project
This painting is one of my most EPIC projects to date, and certainly the most complicated paintings I’ve ever created.
I’d love to show you how I did it!
This tutorial has some great techniques that are actionable and applicable, perfect for overcoming the challenges presented by monumental canvases!
I have taken the last 2 and a half years, and a total of 6 months of working time on this project and boiled that down to an hour! If you only have a little bit of time but want to learn skills you’ll use for the rest of your creative journey… CHECK THIS OUT!
Let me show you how to create an epic 3D painting using these awesome techniques!
If you haven’t already, check out the YouTube video of Big Red here!
What you will learn
- I WILL SHOW YOU THE MATERIALS I USE FOR CREATING AN OIL PAINTING, FROM THE PAINT AND MEDIUMS TO THE BRUSHES AND GROUNDS.
- YOU’LL SEE KEY PAINTING TECHNIQUES BROKEN DOWN IN EASY TO UNDERSTAND STEPS, FROM THE SKETCH-UP TO BLOCKING-IN AND EVEN APPLYING THE FINE DETAILS.
- YOU’LL SEE UP CLOSE, HOW I USE BRUSHWORK TO DEFINE THE SUBJECT
- I WILL SHOW YOU MY PALETTE WHERE COLOUR MIXING PLAYS AN IMPORTANT ROLE IN CREATING REALISM!
- I USE MANY MEDIUMS IN MY PROCESS AND HERE I KEEP IT SIMPLE AND SHARE A TRIED AND TRUE APPLICATION
- THE PAINTING IS BUILT UP TO A RICH SURFACE BY LAYERING THE PAINT OVER MANY PASSES.
- I SHOW YOU HOW MODELLING WITH PAINT DEFINES FORM CREATING A 3D SCENE!
What do I need to know before downloading the tutorial?
The files are relatively large so ensure you have enough space on your computer before commencing the download. Once it’s saved on your computer you can then save this to a USB stick or portable drive to free up space.
You’ll need a good/fast internet connection to download the tutorials, as the speed of your connection will determine how long it takes to complete the download.
Make sure you download files individually, one at a time. An interrupted internet connection will cause the download to pause so please if your download stops, just resume the download, instead of starting again.
If I need technical support can I contact you?
Absolutely, for a technical issue, we are only an email away!
Are your tutorials good for beginners?
Can acrylic painters gain something from your tutorials?
Do you talk about colour mixing?
Yes! Frequently. Colour mixing is important and intermittently through the presentation I show my palette and how I mix some of the colours in this painting.
Can the viewer paint along with you?
This is an overview of the process where key painting techniques are shown. I recommend using this tutorial as a guide to paint your own scenes and take these techniques to create your own unique vision. This will give you the nudge you need to take your paintings to the next level.
Do you show how to achieve details?
Yes, I have zoomed in to show some of these finer details being applied.
Does the download work for iPad & Phones?
Yes, you can use your iPad to view the download, but please find out what software your version will require to watch a MP4 file video file.