Epic Milford Tutorial
“This EPIC tutorial will be unlike anything you’ve ever seen! It’s loaded with information to help you take your landscapes up a notch, into EPIC territory.”
Join me in the studio as I paint this massive scene depicting MILFORD SOUND NZ.
I’ve dedicated the last 16 years to mastering painting; let me show you some great techniques that will save you the time and effort grinding it out in the studio. Take your landscape paintings further – check out this tutorial!
What you will learn
- I will show you the Materials I use for creating an oil painting, from the paint and mediums to the brushes and grounds.
- You’ll see the entire painting process broken down in easy to understand steps, from the Sketch to blocking in and even applying the fine details.
- You’ll see up close how I use brushwork to define the subject
- I will show you my palette where Colour Mixing plays an important role in creating realism!
- I use many mediums in my process and here I keep it simple and share a tried and true application
- The painting is built up to a rich surface by layering the paint over many passes.
- I show you how modelling with paint defines form creating a 3D scene!
- I show you how to paint incredible intricate detail with clouds, mountains, snow, atmosphere, light, rocks, grasses and water!
I’m just halfway in the Epic Milford demonstration videos, but it is just enough for me to say that it is another success work by Andrew Tischler, who is not only a gifted artist but also a generous teacher. He truly shows the nuts and bolts of a complex painting project with ease and virtuosity; he explains extensively his “Epic” approach, from field photographic collections to the hard thinking process that goes on in his studio to design his composition…that is, I think, the essence of the real art of drawing and painting that most layperson does not understand or can appreciate. Andrew is not afraid of showing all: his decision process, changing his approaches as he paints part of a scene, or even interacting direct Alla-prima with some indirect layer (glazing) techniques, which shows how confident he is in his art. I am learning a great deal from his videos, in particular, I am learning how to confront my old fear of re-evaluating my own works as I go, making changes to my mistakes, and how to do my paint mixings in a simpler way without fussing around on my palette. I highly recommend Andrew’s Epic Milford as well as his other fantastic tutorial videos for people like me, or anyone who wants to learn painting the right way.