Epic Kimberley Tutorial
“This EPIC landscape tutorial will give you the essential tips for tackling a monumental painting. EPIC KIMBERLEY is loaded with slick techniques for painting landscape realism!”
This painting depicts The Kimberley, located at the top of Western Australia. It’s a unique landscape with some awesome features! My goal here was to provide my students with some interesting and achievable techniques for communicating vast depth, clouds, water and rock in oil paint.
“EPIC KIMBERLEY” is a jam packed tutorial full of real, actionable techniques that you can apply directly to your own paintings.”
This will be the tutorial you’ll keep going back to again and again!
This tutorial starts with my design process, taking the images that I gathered out in the field to produce a plan to work from. From here I build up the painting in layers showing you my simple, but effective methodology. Once we have a firm base establishes we complete the painting with some eye catching detail techniques.
I’ve dedicated the last 16 years to mastering painting; let me show you some great techniques that will save you the time an effort grinding it out in the studio. Take your landscapes further – check out this tutorial!
What you will learn
- I will show you the Materials I use for creating an oil painting, from the paint and mediums to the brushes and grounds.
- You’ll see up close how I use brushwork to define the subject
- I will show you my palette where Colour Mixing plays an important role in creating realism!
- I use many mediums in my process and here I keep it simple and share a tried and true application.
- The painting is built up to a rich surface by layering the paint over many passes.
- I show you how modelling with paint defines form creating a 3D scene!
- You’ll see the entire painting process broken down in easy to understand steps, from the Sketch to blocking in and even applying the fine details.
- I SHOW YOU HOW TO PAINT INCREDIBLE INTRICATE DETAIL WITH CLOUDS, Rocks, water and depth!
I just finished watching Epic Kimberly and look forward to the other tutorials I have purchased. This is an absolute masterpiece. I have always been moved by the very large paintings in galleries of Thomas Cole and Albert Bierstadt. You are absolutely in their league.
Your tutorial is so well developed, showing enough brushwork detail to really understand. I marvel and hope to apply what I just learned by watching you, about how much colour and variety (all in the same value) you demonstrated in the upper part of the waterfall where the flat rock, still water, and sunlight all come together.
I found the tutorial super informative and loved the way you continuously commentated throughout the viewing,
I am very happy with the video and I want Andrew to know how significant his courses are to me. I have made a financial effort to follow his excellent courses closely, and although it costs me a little to translate his teachings into Spanish, it is worth it. I want to tell you that for a long time I painted (30 years) and managed to obtain decent results, however, his teachings have allowed me to level up and be a little closer to my goal, which is to be of a professional level. What Andrew teaches cannot be paid with money … It is much more than that. Thank you very much for what you have given me.
Can acrylic painters gain something from your tutorials?
Are your tutorials good for beginners?
Do you talk about colour mixing?
Can the viewer paint along with you?
Do you show how to achieve details?
Does the download work for iPad?
If I need technical support regarding the downloads, can I contact you?
Absolutely, if it’s a technical issue, we are here to help and only an email away!